The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal has determined that last night’s Amazon fire in Middletown was accidental and caused minimal damage. The Volunteer Hose Company of Middletown was called to the Amazon Fulfillment Center at 560 Merrimac Avenue at 9:30 pm for a reported fire inside the processing area.… Continue Reading »
A fire inside a guest room at a Christiana hotel on Thursday was ruled accidental by officials later that day. The Delaware State Fire Marshal determined the cause of the blaze—which was reported around 4:30 p.m., on the fourth floor of the TownePlace Suites by Marriott, located at 410 Eagle Run Road—was a cardboard box that had been placed on top of a working stove. … Continue Reading »
A basement fire already extinguished before emergency personnel arrived forced the evacuation of all guests from the Atlantic Sands Hotel in Rehoboth Beach just before midnight. It was still Sunday, around 11:55 p.m., when the Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company dispatched to the hotel, located at 101 North Boardwalk, for what was called in as a kitchen fire in the basement, fire officials said.… Continue Reading »
A fire broke out at an Amtrak maintenance building in Wilmington Monday morning but was quickly extinguished, according to officials. It has been ruled accidental. Wilmington firefighters were called to 4001 Vandever Ave. just before 7 a.m. for a report of smoke coming from building No.… Continue Reading »
A building fire that caused about $100,000 in damages to the Jewelry Exchange of Delaware in Greenville was deemed accidental, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office. The fire, which happened around 2:30 a.m. at the Greenville Crossing II Shopping Center on Kennett Pike, prompted the response of the Talleyville Fire Company, said Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio.… Continue Reading »
Stubbs Elementary School in Wilmington was evacuated after a small fire Monday morning, but the site will reopen Tuesday. Principal Jeffers Brown “will be notifying parents and staff of this decision,” Christina School District Public Information Officer Wendy Lapham said.
Firefighters were called last Friday afternoon to fight a fire at the Kings Creek Country Club near Rehoboth Beach. Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Company spokesman Warren Jones says the fire was discovered in the bar area of the clubhouse and that it spread in the attic area until a sprinkler system activated and extinguished most of the flames.… Continue Reading »