Fire broke out at a Lake Country high school overnight. Lake Country Fire Chief Steve Windsor says firefighters were called to George Elliot Secondary just after 10 p.m. Friday. A fire caused considerable water and smoke damage to a classroom. The fire started in a waste paper basket and was contained by the school’s sprinkler system. … Continue Reading »
Fire crews responded to reports of a fire at Fenwick Tower in Halifax on Wednesday. They were called at about 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday after a fire broke out on the 26th floor. Deputy Chief Roy Hollett says the building’s sprinkler system controlled the fire, and firefighters were able to put it out completely.… Continue Reading »
The Ontario Fire Marshall has deemed a fire in a Waterloo restaurant suspicious. Firefighters were called to a restaurant on King Street North, south of University Avenue just before dawn Friday morning. Fire officials say a sprinkler was able to mostly keep the fire under control before firefighters arrived at the scene.… Continue Reading »
Fire crews from both View Royal and Colwood responded to alarm bells ringing at the Four Pillars condo complex on Watkiss Way at 9:40 a.m. Friday. The fire started in a bedroom and was caused by unattended candles and incense.
There is still no word on how extensive the damage is after a fire broke out at the Canadian Tire store in Blenheim on Thursday morning. According to a spokesperson for the CK fire department, the damage estimate is still under review “due to the complexities of smoke and water damage.” The investigation continues but Chatham-Kent fire officials are confident it was an accident.… Continue Reading »