A heavy amount of fire resources were dispatched to the Sierra Pacific Industries Standard Mill on Camage Avenue at 7:34am Tuesday for a report of a fire. The first responders found that a chair had caught on fire and it activated a sprinkler system.… Continue Reading »
A smoky basement fire prompted the evacuation of a supermarket near Naval Air Station North Island Wednesday. Witnesses reported hearing an explosion, likely from an overloaded transformer, in an alley behind the Vons store in the 800 block of Orange Avenue in Coronado about 8:15 a.m., city spokeswoman Janine Zuniga said.… Continue Reading »
Cosumnes Fire investigators determined that a discarded cigarette sparked a fire that damaged the BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse on May 11. The restaurant was evacuated that night and it was reopened the next day. No injuries were reported.
A fire Tuesday morning at a two-story home in east Ventura was put out with the help of firefighters and interior sprinklers. Crews from the Ventura Fire Department responded to the incident at 5:28 a.m. in the 300 block of El Monte Avenue and saw smoke coming from an upstairs bedroom window, fire officials said. … Continue Reading »
A piece of equipment at an Oxnard manufacturing facility caught fire Saturday morning, summoning fire engines and two ladder trucks, officials said. The commercial structure fire was reported around 9:25 a.m. at 1400 Statham Parkway at a Haas Automation Inc. facility, authorities said.… Continue Reading »