There were some nervous moments last night as the Chilliwack Fire Department (CFD) responded to reports of a fire at an assisted living facility on McIntosh Drive. Neighbours reported on social media on Feb. 21 after 8:30 p.m. some visible smoke at Cascade Manor Assisted Living. … Continue Reading »
Fire broke out at a Lake Country high school overnight. Lake Country Fire Chief Steve Windsor says firefighters were called to George Elliot Secondary just after 10 p.m. Friday. A fire caused considerable water and smoke damage to a classroom. The fire started in a waste paper basket and was contained by the school’s sprinkler system. … Continue Reading »
Fire crews from both View Royal and Colwood responded to alarm bells ringing at the Four Pillars condo complex on Watkiss Way at 9:40 a.m. Friday. The fire started in a bedroom and was caused by unattended candles and incense.
A suspicious fire in a Nanaimo apartment building forced about 50 tenants to evacuate on Tuesday (Aug. 8). Firefighters responded to the alarm at Parkside Manor apartments at 645 Townsite Rd. at about 3:30 p.m. Emergency personnel at the scene said the fire started in a storage room on the first floor of the building and was knocked down by the structure’s automatic sprinkler system.… Continue Reading »