Note: On January 19, 2000, a fire in a dormitory at Seton Hall University tragically took the lives of three students and injured many more. The residence hall did not have a sprinkler system.
Huntsville Fire and Rescue said a member of the hotel's maintenance staff opened a laundry room door and said he saw black smoke and flames. By the time the fire department got to the … Continue Reading ››… Continue Reading » “Huntsville, AL – Fire in laundry room at Marriott hotel extinguished by sprinkler system; No injuries reported”
The Wetumpka Fire Department extinguished a fire at Skate Zone 2000, located on Red Eagle Drive, at around 2 a.m. Oct. 4. According to Fire Chief Greg Willis, the fire department was dispatched to … Continue Reading ››… Continue Reading » “Wetumpka, AL – Sprinkler system activates; Helps limit damage after overnight fire at Skate Zone family entertainment”
The department posted on Facebook that a 7th floor structure fire at a room in the 300 block of Montgomery … Continue Reading ››… Continue Reading » “Montgomery, AL – 7th Floor structure fire contained by sprinkler system while fire crews arrived”
An overnight fire has caused damage in a north Alabama courthouse, and leaders are trying to figure out what to do next. Local media reports that Moulton firefighters located the fire in a cubicle on … Continue Reading ››… Continue Reading » “Moulton, AL – Fire in office cubicle at county courthouse is extinguished by sprinkler system”
The Enterprise Fire Department went out on fire calls last Monday night and Tuesday morning, with none of the calls resulting in injuries. A fire Tuesday morning in Enterprise forced the temporary relocation of … Continue Reading ››… Continue Reading » “Enterprise, AL – Kitchen fire at apartment complex suppressed by sprinkler system”
Birmingham firefighters are battled an apartment fire across from Railroad Park. The fire has been contained and crews are now working to shut off the sprinkler system. Birmingham Fire and Rescue says the fire was … Continue Reading ››… Continue Reading » “Birmingham, AL – Sprinkler system assists firefighters battling apartment blaze”
An early morning fire at the newly renovated Kress Building began in a freestanding fireplace on a fourth floor apartment balcony. The apartment's owner told the Montgomery Advertiser the chimenea fire caused minor structural … Continue Reading ››… Continue Reading » “Montgomery, AL – Fire in newly renovated apartment building contained by sprinkler system”