Sprinklers tripped and no one was injured, said acting Battalion Chief Ron Carson. A woman in the house at 106 Alta Ave. reported the blaze about 3 p.m. Excess lint in the dryer ignited it, firefighters said.
Carson said sprinklers nearly doused the fire completely by the time firefighters arrived. Firefighters covered furniture and electronics downstairs before they soaked the fire with hoses and controlled it by 3:10 p.m.
The hospital’s sprinkler system quickly extinguished the two-alarm fire on the fourth floor of the Bristol Township hospital, and the damage was contained to one room, hospital spokesman Andy Smith said. “The sprinkler system activated immediately and put the fire out. The firefighters did not have to fight the fire,” Bristol Township Fire Marshal Kevin Dippolito said.