Firefighters quickly extinguished a fire inside a restaurant at an Evanston strip mall Saturday afternoon, preventing injuries and preserving the building with the help of a functioning sprinkler system, according to the Evanston Fire Department. Fire crews were called shortly after 1 p.m.… Continue Reading »
Due to a small fire in a bathroom in Building No. 2, students at Rymfire were evacuated, but they returned to classrooms on the other side of the campus. At approximately 12:30 p.m. on Friday, May 18, the fire alarm at Rymfire Elementary School was activated and all students were evacuated.… Continue Reading »
The Dale Jackson Career Center in Lewisville on Edmonds Lane was evacuated Wednesday after a fire broke out in a sawdust collection system on the south side of the building. Students and staff were all evacuated safely, according to a parent email sent out by Randall Holder, the principal of the campus. … Continue Reading »
A Homestead Personal Care home resident was arrested after apparently setting fire to his mattress at 2:05 p.m. last Monday. There were no reported injuries. Madisonville Police Department reported Bradley D. Eaves, 40 of Madisonville, was charged with first-degree arson following an investigation. … Continue Reading »
The Melbourne Fire Department went to Ascension Manor, located at the north end of Pineapple Avenue near U.S. 1, about 1 p.m. Tuesday. Battalion Chief Mike Tymann said the fire started in a kitchen at the senior living facility. The sprinkler system put out the fire before firefighters arrived, but the water damaged three units and displaced those residents, Tymann said.
A small fire at Mason High School caused students and the attached community center to evacuate around noon on Tuesday. Classes and all after-school activities were canceled for the rest of the day, and 3600 students were sent home. “The dust collector in our computer aided design, or CAD classes, is where the fire started.… Continue Reading »
No one was injured after a fire broke out at the Loraas Recycling facility on First Avenue North in Saskatoon on Monday afternoon. The Saskatoon Fire Department said it received the initial call reporting the fire just after 1 p.m. When crews arrived, they encountered heavy smoke coming from an overhead door of a building.… Continue Reading »