No one was injured in the blaze. The fire started at 6:41 a.m. in an electrical box at the sally port of the jail on College Road, Monroe County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Adam Linhardt said. The fire started right under a sprinkler head fore a fire protection system, which allowed the fire to be easily contained, Linhardt said.
Firefighters arrived within minutes and quickly extinguished the blaze, Linhardt said. The fire did damage some electrical equipment and the jail was operating on back-up generators on Sunday, Linhardt said.