Stafford, TX – (No media coverage) Single sprinkler extinguishes kitchen grease fire before fire department arrives

** User Submitted Post – No Media Coverage**  On 5/16/2019 at approximately 0540 hours, Investigators from Fort Bend County Fire Marshal’s Office were dispatched to a kitchen fire at 630 Colony Lakes Estates Drive Stafford, TX 77477. Stafford FD was on scene requesting fire investigators.  Upon arrival of investigators, they found that a cooking fire in the kitchen of a residential apartment had occurred. The fire was due to cooking grease coming in contact with the heating surface of the stove. The fire resulted in the activation of one sprinkler head, which extinguished the fire prior to the arrival of the fire department. Firefighters checked for fire extension with no findings.  Only one residential unit was affected by this incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *