A small grease fire at Souris Regional School sent students home on Wednesday. The fire started around 11:15 a.m. in the home economics lab, says John Cummings, director of corporate services with the Public Schools Branch. The fire was quickly extinguished before firefighters arrived. Sprinklers were activated in the area of the fire leaving the need to clean up water and reset the sprinkler system, notes Cummings. He says the extent of water damage is being assessed but is not expected to be significant. Roughly 500 students attend Souris Regional.