Ten residents of the Rose of Sharon apartments in Savannah cannot go home Sunday after a cooking fire triggered the sprinkler system and flooded several units Saturday night. It happened just after 11 p.m. Savannah Fire Rescue responded to the Rose of Sharon senior-living apartments. They say a resident on the fourth floor was cooking when a pot caught fire and activated the sprinkler system. He was transported to hospital for smoke inhalation. The water damage displaced 10 residents. Two residents sought assistance from the Red Cross. Eight found temporary housing on their own. Savannah Fire Rescue recommends that you never leave food unattended while it is cooking. Always set a timer as a reminder and turn the stove and oven off if you have to leave the house.