Savannah Fire Rescue cut water and power to two units at the Montgomery Landings Apartments Sunday night after a cooking fire activated the fire sprinkler system and caused extensive flooding Savannah Fire Rescue was dispatched to the Montgomery Landings Apartments at 714 W. 57th Street, and arrived on scene within five minutes at 9:13 p.m., spokeswoman Jenel Few said. A cooking fire activated the fire sprinkler system in second floor apartment 409.
The sprinklers extinguished the fire. Savannah Fire Rescue Firefighters shut off water and power in the affected units and removed excess water. No one was injured, but 11 people were displaced. The Red Cross was called to provide assistance, Few said.