Redding, CA – Sprinkler system in townhouse garage stops fire from spreading; No injuries reported

A faulty light fixture caused a garage fire at College View Townhomes in Redding.

Firefighters say it happened on Saturday, June 13 around 6:30 p.m. when they responded to a report of a structure fire at the College View Townhomes in the 1300 block of College View Drive.

Someone who lived at the home called 911 after they heard water flowing into her garage from a sprinkler system. Firefighters say when she opened the door to her garage, she noticed that the garage was full of smoke so she closed the door and quickly evacuated her family from the home.

Firefighters arrived and extinguished the fire.

No injuries were reported.

Firefighters say the cause of the fire was determined to be a faulty light fixture.

There was about $1,500 in damage to the home as a result of the fire, officials say.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *