Pasco, WA – Vending machine fire at US Post Office put out by fire sprinkler; No injuries reported

 Postal workers were forced to evacuate the US Post Office in Pasco after a soda machine fire.

It ignited around 6:15 Saturday morning near Court Street and Road 36. According to Pasco Fire Chief Bob Gear, they believe the origin of the blaze was the Coca-Cola machine.

The fire was contained to the break room. However, smoke traveled through the building, causing the evacuation. Gear said the sprinkler system put out the fire.

Thankfully, no one was injured.

KAPP-KVEW spoke with a long-time postal worker who said mail could be delayed by a day. Gear said no mail was damaged.

It’s unclear when employees will be able to go back inside. Firefighters are ventilating the building. Walla Walla County District 5 responded due to the need for large fans to help ventilate the building quicker. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *