Fire sprinklers prove effectiveness during a fire at a Pick ‘n Save store bathroom. Employees and patrons were safely evacuated and allowed back in the store after 30 minutes. There were no injuries. … Continue Reading »
No injuries were reported in a Sunday morning fire that apparently began on a stove and left three units uninhabitable in a Woodridge apartment building, authorities said. They said a small kitchen fire had triggered the sprinkler system.
A gas-fired evaporator had malfunctioned, igniting some combustible items in the immediate area and setting off the alarm. Thanks to the sprinkler system, there was minimal damage from the fire.… Continue Reading »