Sprinkler system contains fire at Royal Canadian Mint (Ottawa, ON)

There are no injuries and no burned money after a fire at the Royal Canadian Mint’s facility in Winnipeg. Spokesperson Christine Aquino says employees were evacuated safely and production resumed within a few hours. The Winnipeg fire department says the fire was caused by overheated electrical equipment, and was contained by the building’s sprinkler system.Continue Reading »

Sprinkler system contains fire at manufacturing plant (Naugatuck, CT)

The cause of a fire that broke out at a manufacturer of industrial hardware, security products and metal castings appears to have been a radiator malfunction, Fire Chief Ken Hanks said. Firefighters found that the sprinkler system had contained a small fire to the front entrance near a radiator, Hanks said.Continue Reading »

Fire at transit center extinguished by fire sprinklers (Manitowac, WI)

A fire broke out at Manitowoc’s new bus transit center Sunday afternoon. When firefighters arrived, two fire sprinkler heads were actively spraying water over a fire just outside the building’s main entrance. Fire Chief Bill Manis said the blaze shows the importance of installing fire sprinkler systems.Continue Reading »

Reporting on lives and property saved by fire sprinklers

Total Saves: 3,689

Simple Share Buttons