Apartment fire caused by careless smoking put out by sprinkler system (Saginaw, MI)

A fire at Lakeside Village apartments Tuesday began with careless smoking, but was put out moments later by a sprinkler system that was installed after a more devastating fire in 2005.  The sprinkler system paid for itself Tuesday and may have saved lives, especially because some of the residents are disabled, Saginaw Township Fire Department Inspector Kevin O’Brien said.Continue Reading »

Sprinklers credited with keeping fire contained at furniture store (Kutztown, PA)

Thanks to the building’s fire sprinklers, a fire that began in a used furniture store was contained to a small area until fire crews arrived, said Chief Troy Arndt of the Kutztown Fire Company. When the firefighters arrived, they found the fire smoldering behind the sales counter, and they put out the rest of the flames.Continue Reading »

Fire sprinklers keep fire at university from spreading (Manchester, NH)

Fire sprinklers suppressed a fire which began under an aquarium in one of the offices at the University of Southern New Hampshire. Deputy Fire Chief Mark Pelletier said the sprinkler system activated in the office, which kept the flames from spreading to other areas of the building, including the college’s main computer server located across the hall.Continue Reading »

Reporting on lives and property saved by fire sprinklers

Total Saves: 3,471*

Simple Share Buttons