Fire sprinkler system eliminates fire at apartment complex (Streamwood, IL)

A candle caused the fire that began on the couch of a Streamwood apartment. According to Battalion Chief Jeff Swanson, “The resident was in a backroom and came back to the living room to discover the fire. The building’s fire sprinkler system was able to extinguish the fire before it got out of control.” No injuries were reported.Continue Reading »

Sprinkler system puts out fire in high school wood shop (Broadview Heights, OH)

The Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School will be closed Friday after a fire erupted in a wood shop class Thursday, according to the high school’s website.  Broadview Heights Fire Chief Jeffrey Hajek said that the fire broke out about 4:15 p.m.  The sprinkler system was activated and put out the fire. Continue Reading »

Sprinkler system douses fire at high school (Hitchcock, TX)

A Southeast Texas school has reopened a day after a clothes dryer fire sent smoke into the building and forced cancellation of classes. Authorities say the school’s sprinkler system helped douse the flames.  Hitchcock police say students and staff were evacuated, nobody was hurt and damage was limited to the dryer area.Continue Reading »

Reporting on lives and property saved by fire sprinklers

Total Saves: 3,362*

Simple Share Buttons