Stratford, CT – Sprinklers help contain fire at business caused by malfunctioning fluorescent light

A malfunctioning light fixture is the apparent cause of a Wednesday night fire on East Main Street.  Firefighters were called at about 10:20 p.m. Wednesday from an employee of Ashcroft Inc., who reported that there was a fire inside the building located at 250 East Main St.Continue Reading »

Everett, WA – Sprinkler system knocks down early morning apartment fire

Sprinklers and alarms did their job this morning after a fire broke out inside a unit at the NorthStar Apartments in the 3300 block of Lombard in Everett, Washington.  Shortly before 6 AM fire alarms were sounding and as the first Everett Fire engine arrived people were evacuating and reporting smoke and sprinkler activation on the first floor. Continue Reading »

Mishawaka, IN – Fire in test booth at manufacturing facility is extinguished by sprinkler system

A fire broke out at AM General’s Mishawaka plant last Friday morning, causing an evacuation of employees.  According to our partners at WSBT, Penn Township Fire Department responded to the call from AM General’s H1 plant around 8:30 a.m. today. Upon arrival the firefighters found that the plant’s sprinkler system had extinguished the fire after two to three minutes.Continue Reading »

McKinney, TX – Apartment kitchen fire extinguished by sprinkler system; Fire Department reports

Units from the McKinney Fire Department (MFD) and its’ investigators were called to an apartment building at 6150 Alma Rd. on Tuesday for a water flow alarm. A kitchen fire had broken out in a second floor unit. Fortunately, the fire had already been extinguished by the apartment’s Fire Sprinkler System.Continue Reading »

Dover, NH – Apartment kitchen fire extinguished by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

A fire at a Grove Street apartment Sunday was much different from one that occurred there nearly 16 years ago because of the sprinkler system that was installed, said the city’s fire chief.  At around 5:25 p.m. Sunday, the department was dispatched to the apartment building on 71 Grove St.Continue Reading »

Cambridge Springs, PA – Sprinklers help minimize damage in compressor room fire at manufacturer

A fire that occurred the evening of Feb. 5 at Lord Corp. in Cambridge Springs caused minimal damage, according to Cambridge Springs Volunteer Fire Department Jeff Murdock.  Cambridge Springs firefighters were called to a structure fire at Lord Corp. at 5 p.m., according to Murdock. Continue Reading »

Pikeville, KY – Theater fire caused by pyrotechnics is put out by sprinkler system; No injuries

Firefighters were called to a small fire Saturday afternoon on the stage at Jenny Wiley Theatre.  Pikeville 911-Public Safety Director Paul Maynard says the fire occurred after a malfunction during a test of the venue’s pyrotechnics. The fire was contained to a portion of the stage, and the building’s sprinkler system worked as designed to put it out.Continue Reading »

Reporting on lives and property saved by fire sprinklers

Total Saves: 3,282*

Simple Share Buttons