McKinney, TX – (No media coverage) Fire sprinkler shuts down grease fire at apartment; No injuries reported

The McKinney Fire Department (MFD) responded to a call Saturday evening about a grease fire in a kitchen at the 1701 at Eldorado apartments. MFD units arrived to find the fire had been extinguished by a single fire sprinkler head placed in the ceiling above the stove that kept damage to a minimum. No one was injured.

“Incidents like this highlight the need for more home fire sprinkler systems;” said McKinney Fire Marshal Mike Smith. “Without the fire sprinkler’s fast response, those flames would have spread quickly. That means more costly damage and a longer repair time.”

Fire Fact: Only intense heat can activate a fire sprinkler system.  Smoke will not cause water to release from the sprinkler heads

More safety information can be located at www.mckinneyfire.org or www.nfpa.org.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *