Manassas, VA – Sprinkler system keeps laundry room fire under control

The first blaze, at Wyndham Garden Hotel on Vandor Lane, started in a laundry room about 12:55 a.m. Firefighters arrived to find smoke spreading through the building, Prince William County fire and rescue said in a news release.

A second alarm was initially requested due to the type of occupancy and smoke conditions. The fire was located and contained to the laundry room located in the hotel’s basement.

The fire had been kept under control by the building’s sprinkler system. Crews further controlled the scene and initiated smoke removal. The hotel was temporarily evacuated during the incident but occupants were allowed to return. Three occupants were evaluated on the scene but did not need to be hospitalized.

Fire damage was limited to the a dryer and was determined to be the cause of the fire as observed by the Fire Marshal’s Office.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *