Madison, AL – Nursing home fire kept in check by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

A small fire broke out in the kitchen at Madison Manor nursing home Tuesday night.

Madison Fire and Rescue officials say that the nursing staff and the home’s sprinkler system played a big part in keeping the fire from spreading before firefighters could arrive.

None of the 72 residents of the home were displaced or injured.

HEMSI emergency crews treated one woman who is not a resident at the scene.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *