Kingstowne, VA – Sprinkler system puts out fire at condo caused by overheated computer processing unit; No injuries reported

A sprinkler system put out a fire at a condo building Friday, Feb. 14 in Kingstowne, according to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue.

The fire happened around 6:58 p.m. in the 6800 block of Brindle Heath Way. Firefighters arrived to find a sprinkler had already extinguished the fire. There were no injuries.

Investigators determined an overheated computer processing unit caused the blaze. Damages were estimated to be $1,500.

According to the National Fire Protection Association, fire sprinklers can save lives and property by reducing the heat, flames, and smoke caused by a fire. While fire sprinklers have been a longtime method for commercial buildings, fire officials recommend installation in homes as well.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *