ORIGINAL: 2:55 p.m.
Firefighters were called to 3396 Sexsmith Road about 2:15 p.m.
A fire had started at a cabinet making business in the building, which houses several units containing small manufacturing operations.
The sprinkler system worked well, and the fire did not spread to other units.
As of 2:45 p.m., fire crews were mopping up and some were preparing to leave the scene.
No one was injured in the incident.
The building’s occupants briefly evacuated the site, but were starting to filter back into their units.
UPDATE: 4:10 p.m.
While some units at an industrial building were hit by water damage during a fire Thursday afternoon, fire damage was contained to just one unit.
The fire was sparked at a cabinet making shop at 3396 Sexsmith Road, inside a paint booth.
The building, which houses several small manufacturing businesses, had a sprinkler system that worked well during the fire, and fire crews were able to contain the fire to the single business.
Okanagan Restoration Services was on scene to assist with cleaning up the fire and water damage at the building.