Residence Hall/Dormitory, Residential Jefferson City, MO – Dormitory stove fire contained to one room by sprinkler system; No injuries reported March 15, 2019 viking210 Leave a comment No injuries were reported after a stove fire forced the evacuation of a dormitory at Lincoln University in Jefferson City. The Jefferson County Fire Department says the fire at Scruggs Hall was reported Wednesday evening. The university’s police evacuated the building because of heavy smoke on the second floor of the dormitory. The Jefferson City News-Tribune reports firefighters discovered the building’s sprinkler system controlled the fire, which apparently started on a stove in one room. Fire damage was contained to the room with the stove.