Henderson, NV – Firefighters successfully resuscitate cat after sprinkler system controls overnight apartment fire

An unattended candle sparked an apartment fire Saturday morning in Henderson, sending one person to the hospital and requiring crews to resuscitate a cat, according to a fire official.  Crews had to respond to a report of a water flow alarm at Elysian at the District, near Green Valley Ranch Parkway and the 215, at about 3:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, the Henderson Fire Department said in a statement.  Firefighters arrived and found someone outside suffering from smoke inhalation, and they determined there was a fire in a third-floor unit.  The building’s fire sprinkler system kept the fire under control until firefighters could extinguish it, according to Henderson Fire. They also found a cat that was unresponsive, and they were able to resuscitate it.  Fivve people and five pets were displaced. One person was taken to UMC to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *