The Graham Fire Department was called by a fire alarm and several 911 calls to Luxfer Gas Cylinders at 235 Riverbend Rd., Graham, just before 2 p.m., according to a department news release.
After getting more information, the department requested a second alarm, and the Sweponville and Mebane fire departments and Alamance County Fire Marshal’s Office also came to the scene.
Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the roof of the plant. The sprinkler system kept the fire contained until firefighters could enter the building and put the fire out.
Fire was contained to the machine where it started, but the plant suffered moderate smoke damage. Damage to the building and equipment was estimated at $250,000.
All the occupants had gotten out of the building. One employee was treated at the scene, but refused to be transported to the hospital.
The Graham Fire Department and Count Fire Marshal’s Office investigated and ruled it accidental.
Graham Police and the Haw River Fire Department also helped at the scene.