Franklin, TX – Single sprinkler head extinguishes apartment fire started by a candle; No injuries reported

Clothing placed too close to a burning candle ignited an apartment fire this evening, according to Franklin Fire Lieutenant-Paramedic and Fire Investigator Michael Henderson.

Henderson said the fire started in the bathroom of a third-floor unit of the Cadence Cool Springs Apartments, located off of Carothers Parkway on Pacific Drive. He said an occupant was in the shower when the clothing caught fire and spread to a towel. The blaze was quickly extinguished by a single fire sprinkler head.

The fire sprinkler activation triggered an automatic fire alarm. The Franklin Fire Department was dispatched to the three-story, 24-unit apartment building at 5:46 PM. The fire was out when they arrived.

No one was hurt. Henderson said the apartment complex is assisting the displaced residents.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *