No one was hurt, but four people were displaced after an apartment fire was started by a child misusing a cigarette lighter in Fayetteville Saturday morning, officials said. The fire was reported just before 9:15 a.m. at 309-2 Family Lodge Drive at the Family Lodge Apartments, according to a news release from Fayetteville fire officials.
The fire was extinguished by an activated fire sprinkler system located in a child’s bedroom, according to officials. “After the investigation, it was determined that the fire was caused by intentional misuse of a cigarette lighter involving a child,” the news release said. Red Cross was called to the scene to help the family of four. No one was hurt.