A vehicle caught on fire in a storage unit, causing about $35,000 in damages, a Contra Costa County fire official said. Nobody was injured in the blaze in an unincorporated area near the city of Martinez, said Fire Marshal Robert Marshall.… Continue Reading »
The operators of Store-Haus, a self-storage facility at 82 Poverty Road, cleaned up damage Thursday from a small fire the night before in the front office. Owner Dave Polmon said a chair in the office ignited after a wire overheated. The heat triggered the office’s sprinkler system, which put out the fire.… Continue Reading »
A fire in a Chatsworth storage facility today was put out by a sprinkler system, with help from firefighters. Two 6-by-8-foot wooden containers were reported on fire at 2:28 p.m., fire department spokesman Brian Humphrey said. “The containers were stored on tall racks and firefighters used the sprinklers to contain the fire to those crates until they could put it out,” Humphrey said.… Continue Reading »
When fire crews arrived to a fire at a self storage facility, they found that the flames had already been extinguished by the building’s fire sprinklers. The cause of the fire was inappropriate disposal of smoking materials.
Bureau of Fire Prevention Director James Mercready said, “A properly designed and maintained fire sprinkler system is an essential component in fire protection in both residential and commercial structures.”… Continue Reading »