Chelan and Douglas County Firefighters were dispatched to a commercial structure fire on South Columbia Street this morning. The building at 1028 South Columbia Street is owned by Mike Walker and was used mostly for storage “We were tearing out one of the walls and something sparked material in an old paint booth” Walker said only one employee was inside and reported the fire after exiting the building.… Continue Reading »
A vessel in dry storage caught fire Friday afternoon at the Loggerhead Marina. The first arriving crews found that a boat on the top rack was on fire, said Capt. Albert Borroto, spokesman for Fire Rescue. The sprinklers of the facility activated and helped to keep the fire under control.… Continue Reading »
Stacked cardboard boxes placed too close to radiant ceiling heaters caused a fire that did about $180,000 in damage to engine compartments in the warehouse area at Detroit Diesel on Monday, firefighters said. The smoke also impacted thousands of items stored there by Goodwill of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio, rendering those items “too damaged to be sold in any of the stores,” said Robyn Steinmetz, vice president of marketing at Goodwill.… Continue Reading »
Montreal police say they believe an overnight fire at a Saint-Leonard food distribution store was arson. Fire crews were called to the business on Magloire Street near the corner of Lafrenaie Street around midnight.
When the firefighters arrived at the scene, they saw that a window in front of the store had been broken and noticed an accelerant had been thrown inside, said Montreal police spokesperson Caroline Chèvrefils. … Continue Reading »