A fire that started in the kitchen of a restaurant activated the unit’s alarm as well as its fire sprinklers. The sprinkler system extinguished most of the fire, which was contained to the kitchen, before fire crews arrived.
Ogden firefighters credited a sprinkler system for keeping a strip mall fire from becoming a major conflagration. “The sprinkler system did activate and extinguish the majority of the fire,” Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman said. While three people were evacuated from Beto’s, none was injured, Bauman said.… Continue Reading »
Firefighters responded to a blaze at a strip mall. When firefighters arrived, they found the building’s sprinklers had been set off. Firefighters quickly extinguished the small amount of smoldering fire in the restaurant. Because the mall shares a common attic, “the whole strip mall could have been affected.”… Continue Reading »
Crews found the fire started in the employee bathroom, located at the rear of the store, but was extinguished by the fire sprinkler system, Toms River Bureau of Fire Prevention Director James Mercready said. The fire sprinkler system helped control and suppress the “potentially catastrophic” fire, he said.… Continue Reading »
The fire was caused when a ceiling light overheated, causing the contents of the ballast to leak into the light fixtures and create sparks that ignited a rack of clothing below it, Chief Dillon said. Fortunately, the sprinkler system effectively contained the blaze until firefighters could extinguish it, he said.… Continue Reading »