Langley Township firefighters were called in at about 4:30 p.m. to the home in the 8900 block of Walnut Grove Drive, said assistant fire chief Bruce Ferguson. The fire was caused by a stove left on, Ferguson said. The building’s sprinklers largely doused the flames.… Continue Reading »
Investigators are crediting a sprinkler system with taming the flames before they spread throughout the residence, leaving responding firefighters with little to do but vent theplace and perform a safety check, fire officials reported. The occupants at that time — a mother and her two children — were able to safely escape the townhouse after discovering thefire. … Continue Reading »
A fire that broke out in a garage of a townhouse was quickly extinguished by the home’s fire sprinkler system. The home, which is connected to several other town homes, sustained minimal fire damage.
In a release, the fire department stated, “The presence of an automatic fire sprinkler system in this home prevented a fire in an unattended home from growing larger and causing severe damage to the owner’s home as well as the neighbors’ homes within the building.”… Continue Reading »
A fire caused by an exploding air conditioning unit was quickly doused by sprinklers after its spread to a townhouse. Fire chief Dane Spence said a fireball came through a window. “The sprinkler system went off inside and kept the fire to the outside of the residence,” said Spence.… Continue Reading »