Fire crews from both View Royal and Colwood responded to alarm bells ringing at the Four Pillars condo complex on Watkiss Way at 9:40 a.m. Friday. The fire started in a bedroom and was caused by unattended candles and incense.
An Abingdon woman was arrested Monday morning for allegedly setting her daughter’s house on fire in September, according to the state fire marshal’s office.Just after 4 p.m. Sept. 15, Anna M. Stewart, 50, called 911 after reportedly discovering a fire on the second floor of her daughter’s house in the 200 block of Ferring Court in Abingdon, according to a notice of investigation from the fire marshal’s office.… Continue Reading »
An electrical fire in a Henderson condominium building yesterday evening was contained to the area of origin by the building’s fire sprinkler system and firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire before it could spread to neighboring units. The Henderson Fire Department responded at about 5:40 p.m.… Continue Reading »
Historic City News learned that the City of St Augustine Fire Department was dispatched to a residential structure fire before 6:00 a.m. Sunday morning at Las Palmas on the Intracoastal condominiums in North City.
Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue credits a home’s sprinkler system for saving the house and the family. Lt. Jonathan Evans says a cooking fire was put out at a home in Market Common before firefighters could even arrive.
Richfield firefighters responded to a kitchen fire on the 6th floor of the Gramercy Park Cooperative condominium complex around 2 p.m. December 18. A sprinkler system in the complex, located across from Wood Lake Nature Center in Richfield, kept the fire in check until crews could arrive, according to Richfield Fire Chief Wayne Kewitsch, a staunch advocate of fire sprinkler systems in private residences. … Continue Reading »
Some 15 firefighters from Lake Dillon Fire responded to an alarm triggered by the sprinkler system about 7:15 p.m., and they were assisted by a crew from Red, White & Blue Fire of Breckenridge in extinguishing the fire.… Continue Reading »