Category Archives: Residential

Abingdon, VA – Arson fire at townhome extinguished by sprinkler system

An Abingdon woman was arrested Monday morning for allegedly setting her daughter’s house on fire in September, according to the state fire marshal’s office.Just after 4 p.m. Sept. 15, Anna M. Stewart, 50, called 911 after reportedly discovering a fire on the second floor of her daughter’s house in the 200 block of Ferring Court in Abingdon, according to a notice of investigation from the fire marshal’s office.… Continue Reading »

Glendale, WI – Sprinkler system controls fire at apartments with many elderly and disabled residents

North Shore Fire and Rescue responded to the Parkside Commons Apartments, 1400 W. Custer Ave., for a report of a fire on the second floor of the building.The first arriving fire company reported an active evacuation in progress with residents reporting moderate smoke conditions on the second floor.Continue Reading »

Manassas, VA – Sprinkler system assists firefighters in controlling apartment fire

On Thursday, Oct. 19 at 10:24 a. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to an apartment fire at Woodburn Apartments, located in the 7800 block of Keara Court in Manassas. Upon arrival, firefighters observed smoke and fire showing from the side of an apartment that had extended into the home.Continue Reading »

Petersburg, VA – Laundry fire in loft apartment building extinguished by sprinkler system

A minor clothes dryer fire generated much smoke and caused the evacuation of an apartment building in Petersburg Thursday. Petersburg Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Services responded to South Street Lofts building located at N. South and Hinton Streets at 12:38 p.m., for a call about a fire in a single occupant residence on the third floor, according to Interim Battalion Fire Chief Michael Ferguson. Continue Reading »

Eureka, CA – Overnight laundry fire at nursing home extinguished by sprinkler system

The following is a news release from Humboldt Bay Fire:  At 12:40 a.m. this morning, Humboldt Bay Fire responded to a reported fire alarm at Granada Rehabilitation and Wellness Center at 2885 Harris Street. While the two initial fire units and duty officer were responding, Humboldt Bay Fire’s Dispatch Center received additional information from staff that there was a fire in the facility.Continue Reading »

Cedar Rapids, IA – No injuries after sprinkler system puts out nursing home laundry fire

A fire in the laundry room of a Cedar Rapids nursing home was quickly extinguished Saturday night.The fire was reported at 10:37 p.m. at Living Center East, 1220 Fifth Ave. SE. When fire crews arrived, they found the building’s sprinkler system already had extinguished a fire in a basket in the laundry room.Continue Reading »