Category Archives: Other – Residential

Longview, WA – Laundry fire at homeless shelter contained by sprinkler system

All 80 residents of the Community House on Broadway emergency homeless shelter were evacuated Wednesday morning as a result of a dryer fire in the second-floor laundry room. One person went to St. John Medical Center for treatment of smoke inhalation, but otherwise no one was injured, said Longview Fire Chief Phil Jurmu. Continue Reading »

Charleston, SC – Early morning fire at short-term rental property contained by sprinkler system

Firefighters with the City of Charleston Fire Department responded to a fire in downtown Charleston this morning just after 3:30 a.m., according to Fire Marshal Mike Julazadeh. The alarm company reported an automatic fire alarm at a residential short-term rental property on Spring Street. Continue Reading »

Durham, NC – Fire at family shelter extinguished by sprinkler system

A grease fire at a family shelter in Durham caused the shelter and staff offices to be evacuated and displaced two families Friday morning, the development director at Families Moving Forward said.

Fire crews were called to the shelter located in the 300 block of North Queen Street just after 8 a.m.Continue Reading »

Adams, MA – No injuries reported as sprinkler system puts out fire at homeless shelter

Twelve Louison House residents were displaced after a small attic fire that was largely extinguished by the house’s sprinkler system.

Assistant Fire Chief John Pansecchi said the electrical fire broke out in the attic around 11:45 Sunday morning but was quickly snuffed out by the family support center’s sprinkler system.Continue Reading »

Waterville, ME – Fire at assisted living home suppressed by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

Five people were displaced from a residential assisted living home on Pleasant Street Sunday morning when a small fire broke out in a bedroom. The fire, reported at 7:56 a.m., was mostly extinguished by the building’s sprinkler system, according to a news release from the Waterville Fire Department.Continue Reading »

Mount Prospect, IL – Two recent fires highlight importance of automatic fire sprinklers

** NO MEDIA COVERAGE – FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORTED **

October 24, 2015 at approximately 5:58 p.m., the Mount Prospect Fire Department responded to an activated fire alarm in the building at 1751 Linneman Road. As firefighters were investigating the activated fire alarm, they discovered an activated sprinkler was controlling a vehicle fire inside the building.Continue Reading »

South Williamsport, PA – Sprinkler system quickly suppresses fire at care home; No injuries reported

Insinger’s Personal Care Home, 6 E. Central Ave. in South Williamsport, was safely evacuated when a small fire broke out in a second-floor bedroom about 7:50 p.m. Wednesday. The home’s sprinkler system quickly extinguished the fire, which involved some linen, fire officials said.Continue Reading »

Daytona Beach, FL – Mattress fire at residential building put out by sprinkler system

Firefighters responded to a mattress fire at the Three Oaks Inn at 331 S. Palmetto Ave. about 12:40 a.m. Wednesday. The fire is believed to have started because of someone smoking in bed, Daytona Beach fire spokeswoman Julie Maddux said. The building’s sprinkler system put the fire out.Continue Reading »