Category Archives: Nursing Home/Senior Living

Hagerstown, MD – Fire in apartment building for the elderly and disabled is extinguished with help from sprinkler system

Fire broke out in a fifth-floor apartment in Potomac Towers on West Baltimore Street Wednesday night, according to a Washington County 911 supervisor.  The fire was reported about 9:45 p.m., and was determined to be caused by food on a stove, the supervisor said. Continue Reading »

Kenosha, WI – Garbage can fire at nursing home contained by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

A small fire at a nursing home and rehabilitation facility is being investigated as arson.

The Kenosha Fire Department and Kenosha Police were called to Clairidge House, 1519 60th St., at about 6:15 p.m. Monday for a report of smoke in the basement, with the facilities smoke alarms on, Fire Chief Charles Leipzig said.Continue Reading »

Melbourne, FL – Kitchen fire at retirement home put out by sprinkler system

Nashville, TN – Fire at assisted living center put out by sprinkler system; Overheated wall charger identified as cause

Officials responded to a reported fire at the NHC Place at the Trace Assisted Living Center in Bellevue.  According to fire officials, a charger that was plugged into the wall overheated and caused a small fire. The sprinkler system then activated, which put the fire out.Continue Reading »

Oklahoma City, OK – No injuries after fire at high rise retirement home is put out by sprinkler system

A northeast side retirement home has been partially evacuated due to a high-rise fire.  The Oklahoma City Fire Department responded around 12:18 p.m. on Sunday at the Senior Living Center in the 1200 block of N. Kate Avenue.  Upon arrival, heavy smoke was reported. Continue Reading »

Cumming, GA – Fire at assisted living facility controlled with help from sprinkler system; No injuries reported

Nearly 40 residents of an assisted living facility are safe after being evacuated due to a fire.  According to Forsyth County Fire Department spokesperson Jason Shivers, the fire happened at Gracemont Assisted Living. The fire apparently originated in a ventilation fan in a storage room for the facility’s dining hall.Continue Reading »

Clearfield, IA – Sprinkler system limits spread of nursing home fire;

Residents of a Taylor County nursing home were evacuated after fire broke out early Thursday morning. Firefighters from four area departments responded to the fire at the Clearview Homes at 202 Jefferson Street. Clearfield Assistant Fire Chief Clifford Briggs tells KMA News the fire was reported shortly before 6:15 a.m.Continue Reading »

Reporting on lives and property saved by fire sprinklers

Total Saves: 3,688

Simple Share Buttons