Category Archives: Nursing Home/Senior Living

Covington, KY – Sprinkler system activates to tackle fire in mechanical room of senior living building

More than 160 seniors were displaced Thursday when the Golden Tower residential building caught fire.

The fire was contained to the mechanical room in the 11th Street building where something shorted out, reports indicate. The fire triggered the sprinkler system.

The residents of the building, which is operated by the Housing Authority of Covington, were placed in hotels and helped by the Red Cross.… Continue Reading »

Janesville, WI – Basement fire at residential care facility knocked down with help from sprinkler system

7 residents are displaced by a basement fire at Timber Trail CBRF in Janesville, Wisconsin. The Janesville Fire Department and Janesville Police were called to Timber Trail CBRF around 10:24 p.m. on February 22nd for a basement residential fire. JPD Units were the first to arrive and reported fire and smoke coming from the basement with a person trapped inside.Continue Reading »

Chilliwack, BC, Canada – Kitchen fire at assisted living facility extinguished by sprinkler system

There were some nervous moments last night as the Chilliwack Fire Department (CFD) responded to reports of a fire at an assisted living facility on McIntosh Drive.  Neighbours reported on social media on Feb. 21 after 8:30 p.m. some visible smoke at Cascade Manor Assisted Living. Continue Reading »

Topeka, KS – Sprinkler system keeps senior high rise fire under control until firefighters arrive

Residents of a west Topeka senior high-rise apartment building were awakened by the sound of smoke alarms early Wednesday after a trash fire inside their building, authorities said.  The residents either made it outside safely or sheltered in place as Topeka Fire Department crews extinguished the blaze.… Continue Reading »

Lee’s Summit, MO – Fire at assisted living center contained with help from sprinkler system

On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 3:44 p.m., the Lee’s Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 3320 NE Wilshire Drive at Cross Creek at Lee’s Summit. Staff reported fire coming from a vent in the ceiling and attempted to extinguish it with a fire extinguisher. Continue Reading »

Houston, TX (No Media Coverage) – Laundry room fire at senior living facility contained by sprinkler system

***NO MEDIA – FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORTED*** On 1/22 at approximately 9:00 p.m. a fire occurred at a senior living apartment complex. A fire occurred in the laundry room of a resident’s apartment (dryer fire). One sprinkler head activated, and contained the fire to the laundry room.… Continue Reading »

Antioch, CA – Laundry fire at assisted living facility contained by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

A commercial dryer at an Antioch assisted living facility caught fire Tuesday, displacing dozens of elderly residents and Alzheimer’s patients. Firefighters responded at 1:15 p.m. to the one-alarm fire at Country Place Assisted Living, 1715 Olive Lane, said Contra Costa County Fire District Capt.Continue Reading »

Prior Lake, MN – Sprinkler system stops fire at senior apartment building; No injuries reported

The Prior Lake Fire Department responded to a cooking fire at the Grainwood Apartments building Tuesday night. With temperatures dipping below zero degrees around 7:15 p.m., when firefighters responded to the scene, 5119 Gateway St. SE, Fire Chief Rick Steinhaus said he was happy that a sprinkler system within the building extinguished the fire almost immediately.… Continue Reading »