Category Archives: Nursing Home/Senior Living

Logan, UT – Fire extinguished at nursing home after help from sprinkler system

An air conditioning unit that sparked a blaze in a resident’s bed led to some injuries during the evacuation of a nursing home Friday.

An employee at Rocky Mountain Care, 1480 N. 400 East, discovered the fire about 6:40 p.m. and helped the female resident out of the bed and into the hallway, said Craig Humphreys, assistant chief and fire marshal of the Logan Fire Department.Continue Reading »

Cloquet, MN – Fire at senior apartment building held in check by sprinkler system

Emergency officials responded to a fire at a Cloquet senior living residence Friday evening which has forced some residents out of their apartments. The fire at Larson Commons was reported around 6 p.m. Friday. Area firefighters responded to the incident at the senior living residence and found smoke on the fifth floor.Continue Reading »

Hagerstown, MD – Fire in apartment building for the elderly and disabled is extinguished with help from sprinkler system

Fire broke out in a fifth-floor apartment in Potomac Towers on West Baltimore Street Wednesday night, according to a Washington County 911 supervisor.  The fire was reported about 9:45 p.m., and was determined to be caused by food on a stove, the supervisor said. Continue Reading »

Kenosha, WI – Garbage can fire at nursing home contained by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

A small fire at a nursing home and rehabilitation facility is being investigated as arson.

The Kenosha Fire Department and Kenosha Police were called to Clairidge House, 1519 60th St., at about 6:15 p.m. Monday for a report of smoke in the basement, with the facilities smoke alarms on, Fire Chief Charles Leipzig said.Continue Reading »

Melbourne, FL – Kitchen fire at retirement home put out by sprinkler system

Nashville, TN – Fire at assisted living center put out by sprinkler system; Overheated wall charger identified as cause

Officials responded to a reported fire at the NHC Place at the Trace Assisted Living Center in Bellevue.  According to fire officials, a charger that was plugged into the wall overheated and caused a small fire. The sprinkler system then activated, which put the fire out.Continue Reading »

Oklahoma City, OK – No injuries after fire at high rise retirement home is put out by sprinkler system

A northeast side retirement home has been partially evacuated due to a high-rise fire.  The Oklahoma City Fire Department responded around 12:18 p.m. on Sunday at the Senior Living Center in the 1200 block of N. Kate Avenue.  Upon arrival, heavy smoke was reported. Continue Reading »

Reporting on lives and property saved by fire sprinklers

Total Saves: 3,566

Simple Share Buttons