Category Archives: Residential High Rise

Meriden, CT – Fire at high rise apartment complex extinguished by sprinkler system

The fire department responded to a call after a smoke alarm was tripped at at a high-rise complex Tuesday afternoon. This was related stove fire that activated a sprinkler system at the 55 Willow … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Meriden, CT – Fire at high rise apartment complex extinguished by sprinkler system”

Belle Haven, VA – Fire sprinkler system saves residents at high rise apartment building

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue determined a fire sprinkler saved residents and minimized damages at a Belle Haven apartment fire on Tuesday, July 31.  Fairfax County and Alexandria firefighters responded to the 5900 block … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Belle Haven, VA – Fire sprinkler system saves residents at high rise apartment building”

Massena, NY – Kitchen fire in high-rise apartment complex suppressed by sprinkler system

Building sprinkler system douses kitchen fire at Massena high-rise apartment complex.  The building’s sprinkler system was able to douse a kitchen fire late Saturday night on the eighth floor of the Laurel Terrace high-rise … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Massena, NY – Kitchen fire in high-rise apartment complex suppressed by sprinkler system”

Waterloo, ON, Canada – Unattended cooking pan causes stove fire; Sprinkler system activated

A fire in a highrise student building has caused more than $150,000 in damage and required some of the students to be evacuated from their unit. Waterloo fire department responded to a call at … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Waterloo, ON, Canada – Unattended cooking pan causes stove fire; Sprinkler system activated”

Atlanta, GA – Overnight fire in midtown residential high rise contained with help from sprinkler system

An early morning fire that investigators believe may have started on a balcony forced more than two dozen residents to evacuate a Midtown high-rise early Tuesday.  The fire at the Plaza Midtown, located at … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Atlanta, GA – Overnight fire in midtown residential high rise contained with help from sprinkler system”

Arlington, VA – Early morning fire at luxury high-rise condominium building contained by sprinkler system

One person was sent to the hospital for observation after a fire in a Virginia Square condominium Friday morning.  The fire was reported around 6:30 a.m. at the high-rise Hawthorn condo building, which is … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Arlington, VA – Early morning fire at luxury high-rise condominium building contained by sprinkler system”

Austin, TX – Fire in trash chute of high rise apartment building contained by sprinkler system

<The> fire last Sunday developed downtown on West 3rd Street at Amli, a hi-rise apartment building.  AFD said the fire began in the first floor parking garage. They believe someone may have thrown a … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Austin, TX – Fire in trash chute of high rise apartment building contained by sprinkler system”

Oklahoma City, OK – No injuries after fire at high rise retirement home is put out by sprinkler system

A northeast side retirement home has been partially evacuated due to a high-rise fire.  The Oklahoma City Fire Department responded around 12:18 p.m. on Sunday at the Senior Living Center in the 1200 block … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Oklahoma City, OK – No injuries after fire at high rise retirement home is put out by sprinkler system”

St. Louis, MO – Sprinkler system activates in fire at high rise for the elderly and disabled; No injuries reported

Tense times for residents Thursday morning at a Midtown St. Louis apartment high-rise after a fire temporarily shut down the elevators. The apartments are home to senior citizens and people with disabilities. All three … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “St. Louis, MO – Sprinkler system activates in fire at high rise for the elderly and disabled; No injuries reported”

New Brunswick, NJ – Fire on 11th floor of luxury high rise apartment building put out with help from sprinkler system

City officials say no one was injured in a kitchen fire, ignited in an apartment at The Aspire, 135 Somerset St., on February 22. The emergency call came in at 3:05 p.m., with firefighters … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “New Brunswick, NJ – Fire on 11th floor of luxury high rise apartment building put out with help from sprinkler system”