The fire started when a moving box was placed on the stove and a burner was accidentally turned on. No one was home at the time of the fire. “For the most part, we just had to do some final extinguishing, major part was put out by sprinkler system,” Holley-Navarre Fire Chief Ron Norton said.… Continue Reading »
No injuries were reported in a Sunday morning fire that apparently began on a stove and left three units uninhabitable in a Woodridge apartment building, authorities said. They said a small kitchen fire had triggered the sprinkler system.