A fire broke out in a third-floor apartment at a senior living center. Fire officials said the fire was caused when a tenant smoked a cigarette indoors. The building’s sprinkler system controlled the fire before firefighters arrived.
Saginaw Township Fire Department Chief Jim Peterson said the fire started in a couch in an independent living high-rise. Peterson said the building’s sprinkler system helped suppress the fire and contained it to the room where it started, though there was water damage to some other rooms.… Continue Reading »
St. Cloud Deputy Fire Chief Dean Wrobbel says a sprinkler system saved an apartment building from going up in flames early this morning. Wrobbel says when they got there, they found a mattress on fire in a second floor hallway. The sprinkler system had been activated, which kept the fire contained.… Continue Reading »
Investigators believe a fire was intentionally set in an apartment building. When fire crews responded to the call they discovered a burning pile of rubbish in the hallway. The sprinkler system in the three-story apartment contained the fire. About 30 occupants were evacuated and no injuries reported.… Continue Reading »