Category Archives: Apartment Building

Ferndale, MI – Fire in 68-unit apartment building for elderly, disabled, and low income residents extinguished by sprinkler system

At about 8:30 pm last Monday night some residents of Withington West apartments were evacuated due to a fire that started in a fourth floor apartment.  Withington West is a 68-unit property of the Ferndale Housing Commission. It is home to elderly, disabled and low income residents.Continue Reading »

Saint John’s, NL, Canada – Pizzeria fire in building with apartments above is extinguished by sprinkler system

A Saint John restaurant remains closed after it was damaged by fire early Saturday morning. Crews from the Saint John fire department responded to call at Pomodori Pizzeria at 34 Canterbury Street, located in the city’s uptown.  There are apartments upstairs in the three-storey structure. Continue Reading »

Crescent City, CA – Apartment fire put out by sprinkler system; Man rescues elderly woman from smoke-filled apartment

Crescent City Fire and Rescue officials are acknowledging a local man for his efforts in removing a woman from a burning apartment Tuesday night. According to a release from Interim Fire Chief Bill Gillespie, firefighters responded to a structure fire at 1000 Scenic Creek, Scenic Creek Apartments, to find a downstairs apartment with heavy smoke inside.Continue Reading »

Denham Springs, LA – Apartment fire caused by man trying to manufacture methamphetamine limited by single sprinkler

A Denham Springs man is in custody at the Livingston Parish Detention Center after an attempt to manufacture methamphetamine in his apartment caused a minor blast and forced temporary evacuation of the complex late Wednesday.  The microwave blast caused a small fire in the apartment, but a sprinkler head prevented the blaze from spreading.Continue Reading »

Victoria, BC, Canada – Sprinkler system activates; Helps control fire at low-income apartment building

Victoria Fire Department crews were called to a building on Swift Street and Store Street near Fisgard on Wednesday night after reports of a fire.  Upon arrival around 6:50 p.m., crews investigated and found a grease fire in one of the units at 467 Swift, a building operated by Victoria’s Cool Aid Society. Continue Reading »

Morgantown, WV – Sprinkler system extinguished apartment fire caused by battery rechargeable devices

A fire at Mountaineer Court Apartments caused about $30,000 in damage to two apartments, but no one was injured Tuesday afternoon.

Investigators concluded that a fire in apartment 202 began due to several battery rechargeable devices. The fire then spread to an inflatable mattress.Continue Reading »

Charlottesville, VA – Fire at off-campus apartment building extinguished by sprinkler system

Wednesday October 3rd, 2018, at 5:28pm the Charlottesville Fire Department responded for an alarm activation at The Standard located at 853 West Main Street. The first unit was on scene in 4 minutes and 32 seconds. During the initial investigation crews discovered smoke on the 5th floor and water coming from sprinkler heads that had been activated.Continue Reading »

Fayetteville, NC – Single sprinkler extinguishes apartment kitchen fire; No injuries reported and no one displaced

Two units in the Cliff Creek Apartments off Cliffdale Road were damaged by water Friday after a pan caught fire and set off the sprinkler system, according to the Fayetteville Fire/Emergency Management Department.  The fire at 731 C.L. Tart Circle was reported at 5:45 p.m. Continue Reading »