Category Archives: Apartment Building

Franklin, TN – Sprinkler system extinguishes apartment fire

A Franklin woman’s pet cat will live to see another day after a kitchen fire nearly destroyed the unit. 

Officials say the fire happened around 8:30 p.m. on Sunday evening at the Grove at Shadow Green apartments off Columbia Avenue. 

The fire was started when a burner on the stove was left on, igniting the microwave and other combustibles around the appliance. Continue Reading »

Chattanooga, TN – No one hurt in early morning apartment fire suppressed by sprinkler system

An early morning fire last left a family of five displaced.  Chattanooga firefighters were called to the Stoneridge Apartments about an automatic fire alarm going off around 3:00 am Tuesday morning.  Firefighters were told by some residents that there was a small fire in a vacant apartment on the second floor. Continue Reading »

Juneau, AK – Sprinkler system contains apartment fire started by unattended cooking

A kitchen fire sent smoke and residents streaming out of the Mendenhall Tower Apartments on Thursday morning, Capital City Fire/Rescue officials said on the scene.  At 10:57 a.m. Thursday, Fire Marshal Dan Jager said, a call came in reporting that a fire had broken out in an apartment on the third floor of the apartments and that smoke was visible from the outside of the building.Continue Reading »

Massena, NY – Kitchen fire in high-rise apartment complex suppressed by sprinkler system

Building sprinkler system douses kitchen fire at Massena high-rise apartment complex.  The building’s sprinkler system was able to douse a kitchen fire late Saturday night on the eighth floor of the Laurel Terrace high-rise apartment complex.  Massena volunteer and permanent firefighters were called out to an alarm activation at 10:47 p.m.Continue Reading »

Hagerstown, MD – Apartment kitchen fire extinguished by automatic sprinkler system

A sprinkler system extinguished a fire last Monday afternoon in the kitchen of an apartment on Little Elliott Drive, according to Hagerstown Fire Marshal Doug DeHaven.  DeHaven said an occupant in a third-floor apartment at 12817 Little Elliott Drive, off Leitersburg Pike, was attempting to cook food in oil, which overheated and caught fire. Continue Reading »

Birmingham, AL – Early morning fire at downtown loft apartment building extinguished by sprinkler system

Hagerstown, MD – Fire in apartment building for the elderly and disabled is extinguished with help from sprinkler system

Fire broke out in a fifth-floor apartment in Potomac Towers on West Baltimore Street Wednesday night, according to a Washington County 911 supervisor.  The fire was reported about 9:45 p.m., and was determined to be caused by food on a stove, the supervisor said. Continue Reading »