Category Archives: Apartment Building

Oswego, NY – No injuries reported in apartment fire contained by sprinkler system

Oswego Fire Department personnel were called to a multiple-story building at 131 W. First St. at 6:42 p.m. Monday with reports of smoke filling an apartment. Crews were first alerted to smoke in an apartment on the 6th floor, ultimately locating a fire in an occupied apartment on the first floor. Continue Reading »

East Wenatchee, WA – Sprinkler system limits damage in apartment kitchen fire; No injuries reported

The sprinkler systems that are required by code in East Wenatchee apartment buildings worked perfectly Monday to keep a stove fire from spreading according to fire investigator Brian Brett.  Crews were called just after 11am to the Bello Rio Apartments in the 2-thousand block of Northwest Cascade Avenue.  Continue Reading »

Charlottetown, PE, Canada – Sprinkler system activates to help control apartment fire

A Charlottetown woman will be out of her apartment for a couple of days after a fire in another apartment set off the sprinkler system in hers, says the Red Cross.  The occupants of seven apartments on Royal Court, off Queen Street, were forced from their homes by the fire early Sunday morning.  Continue Reading »

Newark, NJ – Fires set by arsonists dressed as ninjas doused by apartment building’s sprinkler system

Police say two people dressed as ninjas broke into a New Jersey apartment building and set several fires.

Newark police officials say the unidentified man and woman broke in through a second-floor apartment. WNBC-TV reports that there is video showing the two exiting through a side entrance and running off down a hill.Continue Reading »

Chattanooga, TN – Fire in mechanical room of 10 story apartment building extinguished by sprinkler system

Chattanooga firefighters have evacuated apartment building on West 6th Street, due to a small fire Friday night.  The call came in just before 8:15 p.m. from The 300 apartment building. Fire department spokesman Bruce Garner tells Channel 3, a small fire broke out in the mechanical room on the fifth floor.  Continue Reading »

Myrtle Beach, SC – Sprinkler system keeps apartment fire from spreading; Fire contained to room of origin

Myrtle Beach Fire Department crews responded to 1075 Mr. Joe White Avenue, the Alliance Inn, Friday morning for the report of an apartment fire, according to Lt. Jon Evans with MBFD.  Evans stated that all occupants were out of the building when crews arrived, and that most of the fire was extinguished by the sprinkler system in the room the fire started in.  Continue Reading »

McKinney, TX – Fire department credits single sprinkler for minimizing damage in apartment fire

McKinney Fire Department (MFD) responded to an incident Sept. 4 at The Mansions McKinney Apartments, 6600 McKinney Ranch Pkwy. First responders quickly discovered the fire sprinkler system had activated and extinguished the grease fire in the apartment kitchen. A single sprinkler head is credited for the minimal damage and reinforced the value of fire sprinkler systems.Continue Reading »