Category Archives: Residential

Bend, OR – Sprinkler system credited with halting apartment fire; No injuries reported

A fire broke out in a southeast Bend apartment Friday morning, but a sprinkler system confined it to one room and doused the blaze before firefighters arrived, officials said.

The fire was reported around 10 a.m. in one unit of a three-story complex at the Seasons at Farmington Reserve apartments on Southeast Aaron Way.Continue Reading »

Harris Hill, NY – Sprinkler system assist firefighters in attacking apartment kitchen fire

Harris Hill Volunteer Fire Company responded to a building fire at 4155 Capstone Ct. last Sunday. Shortly after 2 p.m., Harris Hill fire crews arrived on location after Amherst Fire Control, a fire alarm monitoring company, reported a sprinkler activation. Harris Hill Chief Michael Schreiber reported fire in the kitchen area.… Continue Reading »

Baton Rouge, LA – Sprinkler system activates to assist firefighters in apartment blaze

The St. George Fire Protection District was called to the Addison Apartments on Tuesday afternoon to battle a kitchen fire.  According to Chad Roberson of St. George Fire, a fire alarm was reported around 2 p.m at the Addison Apartments.  Firefighters arrived at the building located at 10231 The Grove Blvd and found a fire in the kitchen area of apartment 210. Continue Reading »

Columbia, MD – Apartment kitchen fire put out by sprinkler system

A fire overnight in Columbia sent one person to the hospital, according to officials. Authorities said Thursday morning that the victim’s injuries were minor.  Firefighters were called to a residence in the 5400 block of Cedar Lane for an automatic fire alarm, according to the Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services. Continue Reading »

Cleburne, TX – Fire in apartment at historic building contained to room of origin by sprinkler system

Cleburne firefighters say that an apartment fire in a historic downtown building was limited to the room of origin thanks to the building’s sprinkler system. That said, firefighters also noted that the building’s sprinkler system appears to be “substandard and poorly installed.”

Firefighters responded at 6:43 p.m.Continue Reading »

Tucson, AZ – Fire at college student apartment put out by sprinkler system

Thanks to a sprinkler system both lives and property was saved from a fire on Tuesday, March 13 according to a news release from the Tucson Fire Department.  An alarm sounded around 5 p.m. Tuesday, notifying the 911 center of a possible fire on the 6th floor of an apartment complex in the 300 block of East Congress.Continue Reading »

Colorado Springs, CO – Residential garage fire prevented from spreading by sprinkler system

Colorado Springs firefighters responded to a reported structure fire at a home as a result of improper disposal of cigarettes. According to CSFD, fire crews responded to 2561 Raywood View at 3:26 p.m. on Sunday afternoon. Crews arrived to the two-story, multi-family home within five minutes of the call.Continue Reading »

Lowell, MA – Sprinkler system contains apartment blaze caused by electrical issue

Ten people were displaced following a one-alarm fire that broke out in a rear apartment unit behind the Acre Sports Pub on Fletcher Street at around 7:45 a.m. Sunday. The sprinkler system was activated and contained the fire until Lowell firefighters arrived on scene and quickly extinguished the blaze, according to Lowell Fire Chief Jeff Winward.… Continue Reading »