Category Archives: Residential

San Antonio, TX – Fire in university apartment building under construction put out by sprinkler system

A sprinkler system put out a small fire in an apartment building under construction at the Our Lady of the Lake University campus Sunday morning. The San Antonio Fire Department said the fire started around 11:30 a.m., and firefighters arrived to a smoke-filled room.Continue Reading »

Kennesaw, GA – Fire in on-campus residence hall extinguished by sprinkler system

*** No Media Coverage ***  On 11/9/17 – A fire in a residence hall room at Kennesaw State University was extinguished by an automatic sprinkler head.  The fire started from a vape e- cigarette battery and damage from the fire was contained to one room in a two bedroom suite.   … Continue Reading »

Fontana, CA – Arson fire at home extinguished by residential sprinkler system

Santa Barbara City police are assisting Fontana cops in searching for Santa Barbara fisher Matthew Rice, who is accused of breaking into the home of his ex-wife, attempting to shoot her twice, breaking her arm in an ensuing struggle, and then attempting to set three homes on fire: those belonging to his former parents-in-law, his ex-wife, and his ex-wife’s boyfriend.Continue Reading »

Rockville, MD – Sprinkler system activates to help contain apartment fire

A Thursday night fire in the walls of a Rockville apartment building was likely an accidental fire caused by smoking materials, said Pete Piringer, spokesman for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue.  The fire, at the Galvan apartments in the 1800 block of Chapman Avenue, started sometime before 5:30 p.m.Continue Reading »

Parkland, WA – Fire on 8th floor of campus residence hall extinguished by sprinkler system

A fire ignited in a Tingelstad dorm room around 1 p.m. Nov. 3, starting in a three person room on the 8th floor. According to the Campus Safety (CSAF) report, “combustible materials” were stored on top of the kitchenette stove. The Pierce County Fire Prevention Bureau report states that the right rear burner was inadvertently activated, causing the materials to flare.… Continue Reading »

Montgomery, AL – Fire in newly renovated apartment building contained by sprinkler system

An early morning fire at the newly renovated Kress Building began in a freestanding fireplace on a fourth floor apartment balcony. The apartment’s owner told the Montgomery Advertiser the chimenea fire caused minor structural damage on the balcony. An activated sprinkler system kept the fire contained, Montgomery Fire/Rescue PIO O.J.Continue Reading »

Madison, WI – Apartment fire held in check by automatic sprinkler system

A fire in an apartment on Madison’s North Side resulted in no injuries but some water damage.  The fire was reported at about 8:20 a.m. Tuesday in the 3500 block of Straubel Street, the Madison Fire Department said.  Engine Company 8 was initially dispatched to check on an alarm at the building, but arriving firefighters were informed there was smoke in the building.… Continue Reading »

Lubbock, TX – Early morning apartment fire extinguished by sprinkler system

Lubbock Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating two separate apartment fires that occurred on Thursday. The first occurred at about 5 a.m. at The Ranch Apartments, 1002 Frankford Ave, according to a Lubbock Fire Rescue social media post. The fire was reportedly extinguished with minimal fire damage to the apartment prior to the crew’s arrival.Continue Reading »