Firefighters were called to the Tom Ridge Environmental Center to put out a fire in a laboratory room Sunday morning. It was reported around 5:41 a.m. An aquarium system caught fire, creating smoke in the east wing of the building, according to West Lake Fire Department. … Continue Reading »
On Monday, July 9th at approximately 7:05 p.m., West Pierce Fire & Rescue responded to reports of a structure fire at the Macau Casino, located at 9811 South Tacoma Way in Lakewood. Reports came in as smoke being present in the building and the building was in the process of being evacuated.… Continue Reading »
A fire at an Austin landmark appears to have been intentionally set. 36-year-old Matthew James Caldwell is in custody, charged with 2nd degree arson. Damage to The Austin Club from fire, smoke and water is expected to top $100,000.
A sprinkler did its job and put out a fire at the FARGODOME in north Fargo Monday night. Firefighters got the call around 11 p.m. and discovered a dryer fire in a storage area on the lower level. They say a sprinkler head in the area had activated and had completely extinguished the flames, which kept damage to a minimum — about $3,000.… Continue Reading »
On Dec. 18 at approximately 8:00 p.m. Cy-Fair Fire Department requested HCFMO investigators assist with a fire in the 11900 block of FM 529, Houston, TX. Investigators determined the fire started due to an electrical failure of a universal battery charger that was left on a desk.… Continue Reading »
The fire at Covance Laboratories on Kinsman Boulevard was big enough to trigger the lab’s automatic sprinkler system. In addition to the lab’s automatic fire sprinkler system, a security guard also used a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze, according to a report from the Madison Fire Department. … Continue Reading »