Category Archives: Athletic Club/Sports Facility

Milwaukee, WI – Sprinkler system helps contain fire at family entertainment center

Firefighters were able to contain a business fire at 76th and Brown Deer Road early this morning. 

Crews responded around 3:30 Monday morning. 

It happened at Kangaroo Milwaukee, a family friendly entertainment facility in a strip mall.

Milwaukee Fire Department officials tell us it appears that the sprinkler system helped to contain the fire.Continue Reading »

Mesquite, NV – Sprinkler system completely extinguishes fire at Conestoga Golf Club

E-11, R-11, Chief 2 Responded to the Conestoga Golf Club for a water flow alarm. Arrived to find audible and visual alarms and employees evacuated from building. Staff advises they have had a fire. Found an exterior storage rack under a covered patio near kitchen area that had burned boxes and other material on it.… Continue Reading »

Export, PA – Sprinkler system halts spread of fire at Westmoreland Country Club

A fire in a laundry room at Westmoreland Country Club early Tuesday caused minimal damage and did not curtail any activities, a club official said.

Controller April Jeroski said no one was injured in the blaze reported at 12:39 a.m.

“It was totally contained to the laundry area.Continue Reading »

Newnan, GA – Potential arson fire at pilates studio controlled by sprinkler system

Authorities with the Newnan Fire Department and the Newnan Police Department are investigating a suspicious fire that severely damaged a Newnan business early Tuesday.

The fire started about 4:20 a.m., shortly after someone was seen banging on the door of The Pilates Loft on Field Street, located in the historic cotton mill, witnesses told detectives.Continue Reading »

Longview, WA – Fire in sauna room at YMCA extinguished with help from sprinkler system

Authorities said the fire started around 8 a.m. at the Longview YMCA when a wooden bucket used to dump water on hot rocks in the club’s second-story dry sauna caught fire. The sauna normally warms up an hour before the club opens, but the bucket was not supposed to be on top of the rocks, Longview Fire said Saturday.Continue Reading »

Palm Desert, CA – Sprinkler system limits spread of laundry fire at country club

An aggressive response by firefighters and an automatic sprinkler system helped minimize damage from a fire that broke out in the laundry area of a local country club, Riverside County fire officials said Monday. The blaze was limited to a dryer in the clubhouse laundry room, and no injuries were reported.Continue Reading »