The Yuma Fire Department said sprinklers helped put out a fire that could have gotten out of control. Monday just after 1:00 a.m., an alarm was reported indicating a fire sprinkler activation at the Alsco facility, 3231 South Florence Lane. Yuma Fire Department and Marine Corps Air Station Fire Department personnel arrived to find heavy smoke in the building.… Continue Reading »
Falmouth Fire/Rescue reports that at approximately 9 AM Thursday morning, they responded to the Marine Resource Center, part of Marine Biological Laboratories at 125 Water Street in Woods Hole. Shortly after arrival, Engine 20 reported smoke showing from the rear of the building.… Continue Reading »
State and New Bedford fire officials are investigating another suspicious, early-morning fire that damaged a laundry building Thursday in the city’s near North End, officials said. The fire at Purity Services Laundry, 405 Myrtle St., was in a garage loading area that is inside the building, according to Fire Chief Michael Gomes.… Continue Reading »
Sumter Fire Department extinguished a relatively small blaze at a local service business’ facility early Saturday morning, according to a spokesman and an official report. Emergency units responded to a fire alarm at UniFirst, 2040 Union Camp Blvd., and arrived on the scene at 4:04 a.m.… Continue Reading »
A roofing company working without a required permit sparked a fire last Friday by using a torch to seal some materials on the roof of the Westhampton Clubhouse at the Country Club of Virginia, Richmond fire officials said.
The company, Hermitage Roofing Inc., did not obtain a permit from the Richmond Fire Department to conduct “hot work” on the clubhouse roof as required by law, said Richmond Fire Marshal David Creasy Sr.… Continue Reading »