The Norwalk Fire Department received a call reporting the bakery’s “large fire” at 8:01 a.m. Sunday. Firefighters saw “moderate smoke” coming from the building and its roof once they arrived and found the fire had started in the muffin line machine, a multi-million dollar machine, according to fire chief John Soisson.… Continue Reading »
The Leamington Fire Department responded to a call at Top Line Farms, on the 500 block of Essex Road 18 around 6 p.m. Saturday. Flames were pouring through a large portion of an outside wall when fire crews arrived. Fire officials say the blaze appears to have been caused by an improperly discarded cigarette. … Continue Reading »
A fire inside a mixing room at a Salina food supply company leads to over $200,000 in loss and damages. Fire Marshal Troy Long with SFD tells KSAL News that the fire sprinkler system at McShares Food Supply & Equipment saved the company from further losses after a fire ignited just before 10:30pm Tuesday evening.
An exhaust pipe in a corn mill and refinery is believed to have caused a fire at the Norcross business Friday afternoon. Firefighters responded at 12:28 p.m. to an automatic fire alarm at Olé Mexican Foods, Inc., which is located on Crescent Drive NW in unincorporated Norcross, after the alarm company told dispatch that multiple manual pull stations had been activated, said Justin Wilson, a spokesman for the Gwinnett County Department of Fire and Emergency Services.… Continue Reading »
Henrico fire officials say a small fire forced the evacuation of the Nabisco plant on Laburnum Avenue on Friday morning. The fire appears to have been contained by sprinklers. Fire officials say there is some water damage, and firefighters are working to turn off all the sprinkler and clear out the water. … Continue Reading »
Cedar Rapids firefighters responded Friday night to a dryer fire in an Ingredion facility building at 1001 First St. SW. According to a media release from the Cedar Rapids Fire Department, the call from Ingredion plant personnel about a fire in an idle dryer was received at 5:50 p.m.… Continue Reading »