Category Archives: Hotel / Restaurant

Nashville, TN – Kitchen fire at downtown restaurant controlled with help from sprinkler system

Merchants in downtown Nashville is indefinitely closed due to a fire on Thursday morning.  The Nashville Fire Department responded to the Broadway establishment during the 8 a.m. hour to put out the fire.  The owners of Merchants said there was a small fire on the third floor kitchen caused by a smoker.Continue Reading »

Sacramento, CA – Sprinkler system contains restaurant fire; No injuries reported

Cosumnes Fire investigators determined that a discarded cigarette sparked a fire that damaged the BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse on May 11. The restaurant was evacuated that night and it was reopened the next day. No injuries were reported.

This fire first burned bark outside the restaurant on Laguna Springs Drive around 5 p.m.Continue Reading »

Evanston, IL – Sprinklers keeps fire at Subway restaurant from spreading; Firefighters extinguish blaze

Firefighters quickly extinguished a fire inside a restaurant at an Evanston strip mall Saturday afternoon, preventing injuries and preserving the building with the help of a functioning sprinkler system, according to the Evanston Fire Department. Fire crews were called shortly after 1 p.m.Continue Reading »

Richmond Heights, MO – Early morning fire at St. Louis Bread Company contained with help from sprinkler system

A St. Louis Bread Company store suffered a brief fire in the early hours of Thursday morning.  Around 4:20 a.m., firefighters responded to the store at 6734 Clayton Road in St. Louis County for reports of a fire. Upon arrival, one of the kitchens in the oven had been partially set ablaze. Continue Reading »

Baton Rouge, LA – Trash compactor fire at Golden Corral restaurant limited by sprinkler system

Investigators say something thrown into the garbage compactor at a Golden Corral sparked a trash fire around lunch Wednesday.  The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the call on Millerville Greens Boulevard just before 11 a.m. Wednesday. Firefighters say some trash was accidentally ignited after someone tossed an unknown item into the compactor. Continue Reading »