Category Archives: Hotel / Motel

Las Vegas, NV – Trash chute fire at Marriott hotel suppressed by sprinkler system

(staff reported – confirmed sprinkler operation)  Guests at the Marriott Grand Chateau were evacuated on Tuesday morning after a person called the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department claiming that they heard gunfire going off inside the building. The initial reports were mistaken, however, and it turned out that a fire had broken out inside the building at around 8:50 a.m.… Continue Reading »

Fernandina Beach, FL – Hotel fire contained with help from sprinkler system

The Fernandina Beach and Nassau County Fire Rescue Departments put out a fire quickly at the Amelia Hotel and Suites on Fletcher Avenue Sunday morning.

The hotel’s alarm system alerted firefighters to the fire. Firefighters made their way to the second floor and found the automatic sprinkler system had been activated.Continue Reading »

Myrtle Beach, SC – Fire in 9th floor maintenance office of high-rise hotel contained with help from sprinkler system

Myrtle Beach Fire Department crews responded to a 2-alarm fire at a hotel in downtown Myrtle Beach shortly before 2 p.m. on Friday. MBFD Deputy Chief Tom Gwyer believes the fire started in a maintenance office on the 9th floor of the Monterey Bay Suites on Ocean Boulevard.Continue Reading »

Cape Girardeau, MO – No injuries reported after sprinkler system extinguishes trash can fire in hotel bathroom

Hotel guests were evacuated from their rooms after one of the units caught fire on Saturday, April 21 in Cape Girardeau.

It happened at the Drury Plaza Hotel on Percy Drive just after 1 a.m.

According to the Cape Girardeau Fire Department, a fire was started in a trash can placed in a bathroom which activated the sprinkler system. Continue Reading »

Cottage Grove, MN – Overnight hotel fire knocked down by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

A hotel in the east metro was evacuated early Thursday after a blaze broke out. At about 2:45 a.m. emergency units responded to a report of a room on fire at the Country Inn and Suites in Cottage Grove.

The building sprinkler system had knocked down the fire and Cottage Grove crews extinguished any remaining blaze.Continue Reading »

Lake Placid, NY – Fire at Crowne Plaza Resort suppressed by sprinkler system; Overheated computer was cause

The Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club was evacuated after the fire broke out around 11:12 a.m last Thursday. “The evacuation plan went great,” Lussi said. “We had actually just had a fire drill about six week ago.” The fire was triggered by a guest’s overcharged computer, he said.Continue Reading »

Lewiston, ID – Electrical fire at hotel put out with help from sprinkler system

Fire officials suspect an electrical malfunction sparked a fire Monday evening in a fourth-floor room at the Red Lion Hotel in Lewiston.

The Lewiston Fire Department was dispatched to the hotel at 621 21st St. at approximately 6:20 p.m., and no one was injured in the fire, according to a news release from LFD Chief Travis Myklebust.Continue Reading »